"The flax was in full bloom; it had pretty little blue flowers as delicate as the wings of a moth, or even more so. The sun shone, and the showers watered it; and this was just as good for the flax as it is for little children to be washed and then kissed by their mother. They look much prettier for it, and so did the flax." - Hans Christian Anderson
And so we are introduced to the LinuBaby line of natural linen bedding. [ ! ! ! ] One visit to LinuBaby's website will convince you that you should swathe your Bundle in nothing less than the all-natural, eco-friendly luxury of linen. I learned so much about this magical material from Karina, owner of Linu Boutique and designer of this elegant new baby line. Oh, baby !
- Linen is grown naturally and safely without chemicals or pesticides.
- Linen is resisitant to bacteria, fungus, noise, dustmites, and even radiation.
- Linen never causes allergic reactions, and can actually help cure eczema, fevers, and allergic disorders.
- Linen is thermo-regulating, meaning that baby's bed will stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Linen absorbs as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before ever feeling wet, so it always feels fresh and cool.
- Linen is twice as durable as cotton, three times as durable as wool, and has been known to withstand literally centuries of use, making it an ideal heirloom.
- Linen is the oldest of all fabrics known to man; when the tomb of Pharoah Ramesses II, who died in 1213 BC, was discovered in 1881, the linen wrappings were in a state of perfect preservation after more than 3000 years.