"Drink Responsibly, Drive Responsibly, Exist Responsibly."
As the host of an Earth Day party this weekend, I received a fabulous hostess gift of 360 Vodka. Not only is it tasty tasty!, but it also is supporting the environment. Once the bottle is empty (and that doesn't take too long!!!), you remove the top, take the 100% post-consumer waste paper envelope (pre-paid, of course) that is attached to the bottle, and return it in the mail to be recycled! What a clever program! How easy!
360 Vodka is environmentally-friendly for the full loop of its production. The vodka is distilled for "optimal eco-efficiency". Its labels are made with 100% post-consumer waste paper. The bottle consists of 85% recycled glass. AND the vodka distillery employs CO2 capturing technology. The Close the Loop program also donates $1 for every closure returned to recognized environmental causes.
Just another loop for everyone to happily join!
Grab your favorite Loop or Doodlespark design and go boldly into a new season ! Our SUPER SALE on all same sets lets you stock up on your favorites without twisting your wallet in a knot.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you know your Mom will flip when she gets a set of Doodlespark notes … [ who knows? she may even send one back to you with a care package attached … ]
We’ve also added a SECRET set of 8 Doodlespark designs… Here's the deal :
- We choose 4 designs.
- We put 2 of each together in cute little package.
- You stock up on Doodlespark on sale.
- You think to yourself "I'm a lucky duck ! "....
Their TECHNOLOGY link brought me to info posted by EcoGeek, and I was captivated by this OLED light.
"Very simply, OLEDs are like LEDs in that electrons jumping across a diode emit photons. But instead of being a traditional diode, the OLEDs are actually a printed film. This means that the light comes from everywhere on the film simultaneously, and the film can take on unique properties, like being flexible, lightweight, two-dimensional, and transparent. "
[ By Hank Green Posted Mon Apr 7, 2008 1:27pm PDT ]
Osram is the leading manufacturer of this technology, and they invited world-reknowned lighting designer Ingo Maurer to design a lamp using ten small (132 x 33 millimeter) OLED panels. I think the result looks like a luminous leaf. It's titled, 'Early Future'.... C'mon everyone, rise and shine !
How fabulous of EcoFabulous to blog about Loop ! Thank you so much for your rave review of our note card collection. We agree; there is nothing like a hand-written note, especially in this age of instant gratification...It's always such a gift to get a letter in the mail.
- Linen is resisitant to bacteria, fungus, noise, dustmites, and even radiation.
- Linen never causes allergic reactions, and can actually help cure eczema, fevers, and allergic disorders.
- Linen is thermo-regulating, meaning that baby's bed will stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Linen absorbs as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before ever feeling wet, so it always feels fresh and cool.
- Linen is twice as durable as cotton, three times as durable as wool, and has been known to withstand literally centuries of use, making it an ideal heirloom.
- Linen is the oldest of all fabrics known to man; when the tomb of Pharoah Ramesses II, who died in 1213 BC, was discovered in 1881, the linen wrappings were in a state of perfect preservation after more than 3000 years.
Loop is excited to share some phenomenal recent press that our friend, Arcadia Boutique, recently garnered on DigPhillyTV on NBC 10 [ via www.digphilly.com ]. Meet Ali as she introduces you to fantastic eco-fashion, talks about how she conceived of the boutique and reviews her new eco-travel service. Yay, Ali !